Several people have asked me this but I don't know if they know or really understand (which I'm assuming they really want to know the answer to since they asked) so here it goes -
I am the Marketing Manager for the South Coast Inland Empire Division of D.R. Horton, largest national builder for the past 7 years! My actual duties include:
1.) updating our community webpage (http://www.drhorton.com/corp/DivisionSearch.do?divisionid=25)
2.) touring community sites and making recommendations to increase foot traffic (if you went to the link above you'll see my properties are spread out all over southern CA = lots of driving)
3.) working with our ad agency on campaigns - includes media schedule (radio, TV, newpaper, magazines), unique URLs, on-site promotions
4.) opening & closing new communities - includes coordination with interior designers on model interior furnishings as well as sign companies for on & off-site signage
5.) working on collateral materials for the sales offices: brochures, flyers, price sheets, special event pieces
That's just a snippet. It's a fun job - no day is ever the same. I'm in the office mostly but prefer working in the field. I occasionally work weekends (ex. Saturday public grand opening of a new community). Challenges include tracking sales from marketing efforts, dealing with sign damage/graffiti, coming up with innovative ideas to help reach sales goals, lack of communication with those working in the field (I rely on my eyes in the field!), volume of work - we have 20 actively selling communities!
Wednesday, January 6, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment