Here is my old "one butt kitchen" (as my aunt calls it).

Before I closed escrow, the water heater was enclosed in drywall so my realtor told me they'd cut a hole in it and I could install a vent - needless to say I was
shocked to walk into my kitchen and find this!

Here is my kitchen today - still needs some work (I have to paint the ceiling, put on outlet covers and pick up my stainless steel range and figure out if I need to install a vent over the stove top; not sure what the codes are but I'll find out!). Bonus of working for a home builder is we get furniture and appliances
cheap if they aren't purchased by the homeowner who buys our model homes - that's where I'm getting my range but it's currently out in Palm Desert...I'll get it soon!

Here's the corner where the open water heater use to be. The water heater was moved to the left and a cabinet was built around it with a vent on top and on bottom. This odd area was left where a cabinet couldn't be built (the door wouldn't have anywhere to swing) so I made the most of it after a trip to IKEA with some innovative storage options.
You're new kitchen looks great! I would love to get a wood floor (Pergo-type) for our kitchen. Right now it's an ugly linolium. Enjoy your new stainless steele appliances!
ReplyDeleteOf course I meant your and not you're. Geez...yes, I did major in English. Just typing too fast to catch up on my blogging. :)
ReplyDelete