Tuesday, June 1, 2010
#66 - Memorial Weekend Traffic
It started with a stack of black smoke outside my office window - found out a tanker had tipped over on the freeway and caught fire, no one got hurt. BOTH sides of the I-91 were shut down for 6 hours. We were suppose to get out of work at 1PM on Friday but I left at 12:30PM and didn't get home until 2:30PM (usually a less than 30 min commute) - took an alternative/creative, out-of-the-way route but as you can see there was really no good freeway to take (so much RED which is 15 MPH or less).
I had my kitchen cabinet guys waiting for me to do their install - I was suppose to be home by 1:30PM. Was thinking about everyone else with their weekend holiday plans...salt in the wound! Holiday traffic is never good anyway.
BUT, the weekend turned out to be a good one! Went to the Zwetow's on Saturday to lay out by the pool, BBQ and watch Cloverfield. Sunday, Lui and I went to brunch with the Zwetow's followed by shopping (Tony picked his tux for their wedding). Monday, I did laundry and Lui took apart and hauled out my stackable washer/dryer that was hogging up room in the master bath. Not the most exciting but definitely productive!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment