Monday, October 25, 2010

#86 - When good feet go bad.

*WARNING* - photos are graphic!! I uploaded these pictures "small" so it wouldn't be in your face. I took these pics during "therapy" - they use electric waves and ultrasound to help patients heal quicker and lessen scarring. I've had ingrown toenails since I can remember. My mom use to cut them out for us and I've been keeping up with it as an adult until I recently decided: NO MORE! Part of my reason for taking action was that our copays go up next year. Here are my post-op toes 3 days after surgery:
I have been promised the toenails won't grow into the side of my toes again!! Here are my toes again exactly a week after surgery.

It's been over 2 weeks now, I got my stitches out on Friday. The toes are still ugly, though. Coming up are bunion surgeries - each foot a month apart. I've scheduled them for the Friday before Thanskgiving, the other the Friday before Christmas since I need to be off work for a week. Taking care of my feet this year!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Sara! I remember you getting ingrown toenails. So painful! Michael has had them too and about 2 years ago went under the knife for his one toe. He hasn't gotten an ingrown since! Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete