Monday, August 2, 2010

#77 - In da club

I have a love/hate relationship with the gym - mostly hate but last week it was love. On Thursday after work I was walking up to the front door of my Bally's and the music coming from inside was loud but the bass made it even louder. Inside, there were two DJs spinning dance music and I liked it! Most of the time I just listen to the music they provide (which is anything from top 40 to adult contemporary) so it was nice to have some really upbeat, loud music - I stayed on the ellipical for 60 min!!

On a side note, my hate for the gym was recently fueled by a physical trainer. They occassionally come around and try to get people to sign up for private sessions (I took them up on my free one but it kicked my butt so bad - I'm happy just to get there a couple times a week for some cardio). So one day, I was proud I got myself there and was on the elliptical after a looong day of work when a physical trainer tried to talk me into getting off the machine that very second and join him in some mat exercises because I could "burn so many more calories." I politely refused then he persisted telling me that I had "too much fat on (my) stomach." OH NO HE DIDN'T! I said, "Excuse me? I have too much fat on my stomach?" Then I ignored him and sent an email the next day to Bally's which resulted in an automated, canned response.

No comments:

Post a Comment